Secret cake revealed: this is the easiest and most delicious cake you’ll ever make!
In just 20 min. you can create a nutritional cake that will surprise your taste buds: made as healthy as possible (for a cake I mean), it is exactly what you need if you have guests coming and you are running out of time. Or if you just want a healthier treat for breakfast/snack.
We all associate cakes with tons of sugar, chocolate, cream and so much guilt after that. Yet with this easy recipe, you can actually enjoy the taste without feeling conscious about it.
- 1 cup Yogurt (Greek; Bulgarian)
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown cane sugar
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 cinnamon
- 3 peaches
- Pour the yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the soda, mix with a spoon and wait for a minute or two.
- Add in the flour, sugar, olive oil and cinnamon.
- Mix by hand and pour in a large baking dish.
- Cut the peaches in pieces and arrange on top of the cake.
- Put in the oven for 20 min. at maximum heat (and reduce heat after 10 min.)
Tip: You can replace the peaches with other fruit of your choice. It works great with plums, since they are a bit sour and it makes great combination with the sweet taste of the flour base – for all the sweet & sour lovers out there! J
Nutrition: Cinnamon is a wonder spice: it stimulates digestion, fights infection and even aids in weight loss. Whole wheat flour is a healthier option for baking, since it contains all the fiber that is usually removed from white flour. Reminder: fiber is what slows down absorption of sugar in your blood and keep your bowels moving.
I hope you like it!