When it comes to carbs, we kind of feel a little scared. It is true that we should control the amount of carbohydrate foods that we consume, since at the end every carb turns into sugar, which impacts the body’s blood sugar level. That is why it is very important to choose the right types of carbohydrates.
Potatoes are among the healthiest high-carb vegetables when cooked properly (I am not talking about frying, as you can guess). If you haven’t tried cooking a salad from potatoes, you have the chance to try the most delicious potato salad… The recipe below is SUPER EASY, SUPER TASTY and SUPER HEALTHY!
Ingredients /4 servings/:
- Potatoes 0,5 kg
- 2 onions
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh dill leaves
- Himalayan salt – ½ tsp. (depending on your taste)
- Boil the potatoes. Time of boiling depends on the type of potato, you’ll know that they’re ready when you can easily prick the potato with a fork.
- Let the potatoes cool and then cut them in cubes.
- Cut the onions and dill in small pieces and add to the potatoes.
- Add in the olive oil. This salad requires a lot of olive oil, so the more you put, the more delicious it will be.
- Add in salt, mix well and serve! The salad can easily stay in the fridge for 2 days at least.
Nutrition: Potatoes are a great source of carbs, filled with vitamins (especially vit. B6), fiber, magnesium and antioxidants. They contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol, so you can definitely consider them as one of the starchiest healthy vegetables. Another super healthy ingredient in this recipe is onion – it has shown to prevent a number of diseases, including diabetes and cancer. Onions also contain vit. C and phytochemicals which are great for your immunity system.