Fancy doesn’t always mean hard. If you want to try a more interesting version of your daily portion of the protein-rich chicken, here’s a super easy, yet fancy looking recipe for you!
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 roasted red pepper strips
- 100-150 gr. mozzarella
- light Italian dressing for basting
- 10 spinach leaves (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease a casserole dish.
- Cut each chicken breast so it resembles a butterfly (slice it in the middle on one side just until you almost reach the other side, but don’t cut it all the way through).
- Sprinkle the inner sides of the chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Fold in the chicken breasts spinach (if using), mozzarella and roasted pepper. Sprinkle with more seasoning. *
- Place the chicken in the greased casserole dish and bake it for 30 min (or until done).
- Pull out, sprinkle with some parmesan and let it cook for another 5 min in the oven.
- Serve warm.
*You can put 1-2 toothpicks on the ends so the filling holds together well.
Nutrition: Chicken is a really good source of lean, low-fat protein that helps muscle growth and weight loss. Due to the amino acid tryptophan it can also increase your serotonin levels and your mood! The mozzarella gives to the dish a great texture and makes it more protein-dense, while the vegetables give it extra vitamins and fiber.
Doesn’t seem so hard, right? Take your chicken to the next level, surprise your friends with this SuperEasy Chicken recipe or enjoy on your own!